Our 12th annual Spear Summit compresses the unparalleled content and atmosphere into a single virtual day. This exclusive event features a mix of topics from our prestigious speakers and a special product announcement. You won’t want to miss our keynote speaker – an Olympic gold medalist! Join us for the latest in clinical knowledge that will be music to your patients’ ears. You'll leave Summit with actionable strategies you can put into practice right away to help you and your practice team go for the gold.
A Lineup of
These top artists can’t wait to spin their clinical hits into actionable insights for you. Join us for strategic takeaways and best practices you can put to work right away in your own pursuit of Great Dentistry.
Plus Special Spear Announcement
Enjoy a mix of clinical topics from our prestigious speakers. Related learning paths will help you explore these topics in more depth. Leverage these recommendations to find your rhythm and successfully put new learnings into practice.
- 8:00 A.M. - 8:15 A.M. - Opening Remarks | Dr. Frank Spear
- 8:15 A.M. - 9:05 A.M. - Implants in the Esthetic Zone – Avoiding the
Esthetic Failure | Dr. Arndt Happe -[show/hide details]
In the maxillary anterior area, the esthetic outcome is a critical determinant in the overall success of implant therapy and yet remains a challenge. Dr. Happe’s presentation will show protocols that allow for successful planning and treatment of demanding patients.
- 9:05 A.M. - 9:15 A.M. - Live Q & A | Dr. Arndt Happe, feat. Dr. Greggory Kinzer & Dr. Robert Winter
- 9:15 A.M. - 9:45 A.M. - Special Spear Announcement | Dr. Greggory Kinzer -[show/hide details]
Spear is always innovating new ways to guide and support your unique pursuit of Great Dentistry. Summit attendees will be among the first to hear a special announcement. This sneak peek is exclusively offered live and will not be recorded!
- 9:50 A.M. - 10:35 A.M. - The Geneva Fixed Restorative Treatment
Concept | Dr. Irena Sailer -[show/hide details]
Prosthodontic technology is evolving rapidly. Digital impressions and computer-aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM) of restorations are steadily gaining importance within restorative dentistry. This session will critically evaluate the possibilities that the new materials and associated technologies offer. Dr. Sailer will discuss how to reduce treatment invasiveness and provide selection criteria for daily clinical practice.
- 10:35 A.M. - 10:45 A.M. - Live Q & A | Dr. Irena Sailer, feat. Dr. Greggory Kinzer & Dr. Robert Winter
- 10:50 A.M. - 11:35 A.M. - Uppers Are from Mars, Lowers Are from Venus: Clarifying Overdentures | Dr. M. Nader Sharifi -[show/hide details]
When treatment planning for a completely edentulous arch, we have three primary options including a conventional denture, an overdenture, and a fixed bridge. Clarification of the overdenture answers one question but poses another on how attachment selection impacts overdenture fabrication. Dr. Sharifi will clarify the indications and contra-indications and simplify attachment selection for overdenture therapy.
- 11:35 A.M. - 11:45 A.M. - Live Q & A | Dr. M. Nader Sharifi, feat. Dr. Ricardo Mitrani & Dr. Darin Dichter
- 11:45 A.M. - 12:05 P.M. - Canady Award Presentation | Dr. Gary DeWood -[show/hide details]
The Rick Canady Award honors a clinician who exudes endless dedication to both learning and teaching, who serves as a leader in the community and consistently provides mentorship value to their peers. The winner will receive a physical award and, to encourage ongoing mentorship, a seat in an FGTP workshop and one year of Spear Online they can gift to a dentist of their choice.
- 12:15 P.M. - 1:10 P.M. - The Maxilla: The Key to Esthetics and Airway | Dr. Greggory Kinzer & Dr. Jeff Rouse -[show/hide details]
The approach to treatment planning has consistently changed as information and patient demands have evolved. As we are now in a time of airway ‘awareness’, we must again rethink the treatment planning process. This presentation will address the role of the maxilla in driving the treatment planning process to obtain esthetic and healthy results.
- 1:15 P.M. - 1:50 P.M. - Keynote Presentation - An Afternoon with Apolo Ohno | Apolo Ohno -[show/hide details]
Reinvention is at the core of Apolo Anton Ohno. Apolo continually adapts the performance mindset to support ongoing personal and professional growth. He harnesses his experiences to educate and inspire organizations on how to foster a sustained leadership mindset needed to overcome current business challenges.
- 1:50 P.M. - 2:10 P.M. - Live Q & A and Closing Remarks | Dr. Frank Spear
Sunday, August 30, 2020
*Special Event Visiting Faculty MembersAll times listed in PT
- 8:00 A.M. - 11:30 A.M. - Summit Programming
- 8:00 A.M. - 8:45 A.M. - The Future of Dental Education - Dr. Frank Spear
- 8:45 A.M. - 9:00 A.M. - Q & A
- 9:05 A.M. - 10:25 A.M. - Panel Discussion: The Future of Dentistry - Drs. Gary Dewood, Darin Ditcher, Gregg Kinzer, Ricardo Mitrani, Frank Spear and Bob Winter
- 10:30 A.M. - 11:15 A.M. - How to obtain public success - Dr. Andrea Ricci
- 11:15 A.M. - 11:30 A.M. - Q & A
- 11:30 A.M. - Closing Remarks - Dr. Frank Spear
Saturday, September 12, 2020All times listed in PT
- 8:00 A.M. - 8:15 A.M. - Opening Remarks - Dr. Martin Mendelson
- 8:15 A.M. - 9:15 A.M. - Summit Programming
- 8:15 A.M. - 8:55 A.M. - Leading the Practice Through Uncertain Times - Dr. Frank Spear and Amy Morgan
- 8:55 A.M. - 9:15 A.M. - Q & A and Jim Pride Award Presentation
- 9:20 A.M. - 10:00 A.M. - Breakout Session #1
- 9:20 A.M. - 10:05 A.M. - Breakout - Leading your Referral Community Through Chaos - Dr. Martin Mendelson
- 9:20 A.M. - 10:05 A.M. - Breakout - Leading a Resililant Team - Amy Morgan
- 9:20 A.M. - 10:05 A.M. - Breakout - Creating a New Vision for your Practice - Dr. Ricardo Mitrani
- 9:20 A.M. - 10:05 A.M. - Breakout - Leading your Patients - Dr. Gary Dewood
- 10:10 A.M. - 10:40 A.M. - Break
- 10:40 A.M. - 11:25 A.M. - Breakout Session #2
- 10:40 A.M. - 11:25 A.M. - Breakout - Building Unbreakable Referral Relationships - Aimee Fletcher
- 10:40 A.M. - 11:25 A.M. - Breakout - Keys to Hiring, Training, Coaching and Compensating for Excellence - Amy Morgan
- 10:40 A.M. - 11:25 A.M. - Breakout - Lessons Learned from the COVID Crisis - Dr. Mitch Ellingson and Dr. Gary Dewood
- 10:40 A.M. - 11:25 A.M. - Breakout - Leading an Interdisciplinary Team - Dr. Gregg Kinzer
- 11:30 A.M. - 1:30 P.M. - Summit Programming
- 11:30 A.M. - 12:15 P.M. - Keynote - Carly Fiorina
- 12:15 P.M. - 12:30 P.M. - Q & A
- 12:30 P.M. - 1:30 P.M. - Bonus Information Session – Practice Solutions
Saturday, October 10, 2020All times listed in PT
- 8:00 A.M. - 8:15 A.M. - Opening Remarks
- 8:15 A.M. - 9:30 A.M. - Summit Programming
- 8:15 A.M. - 9:00 A.M. - Role of Orthodontic Intervention in OSA: Functional and Physiological Approach of Orofacial Structure Restoration - Dr. Audrey Yoon
- 9:00 A.M. - 9:15 A.M. - Q & A
- 9:25 A.M. - 9:55 A.M. - Breakout Sessions
- 9:25 A.M. - 9:55 A.M. - Breakout - The Direct Restoration of the Peg Lateral Incisor - Dr. Jason Smithson
- 9:25 A.M. - 9:55 A.M. - Breakout - Augmented Reality for Enhanced Communication - Dr. Robert Winter
- 9:25 A.M. - 9:55 A.M. - Breakout - When is Equilibration Appropriate? - Dr. Gary Dewood
- 9:25 A.M. - 9:55 A.M. - Breakout - Implant-Retained Overdentures: Design Considerations for the Endentulous Maxilla - Dr. Darin Ditcher
- 9:25 A.M. - 9:55 A.M. - Breakout - CBCT: A Whole New World of Endodontics - Dr. Lou Berman
- 10:00 A.M. - 10:30 A.M. - Break
- 10:35 A.M. - 1:00 P.M. - Summit Programming
- 10:35 A.M. - 11:20 A.M. - Sleep Surgery: Restoring Missed Milestones in Airway Development - Dr. Stanley Liu
- 11:20 A.M. - 11:45 A.M. - Q & A
- 11:45 A.M. - 12:30 P.M. - Live Patient Treatment - Dr. Gregg Kinzer
- 12:30 P.M. - 12:45 P.M. - Q & A and Rick Canady Award Presentation
- 12:45 P.M. - Closing Remarks - Dr. Gregg Kinzer
From Your Peers
“It is great having the short sessions about cutting edge procedures, material, techniques and philosophies.
I always feel refocused, motivated and inspired after leaving Summit.”
Letti Hale, D.D.S.
“As a periodontist, Summit allows me to listen and learn from other parts of
dentistry that are not in my day-to-day practice.”
Daniel Gomes, D.D.S., M.S.D.
“Summit gets better and better every year. There’s the CE and the camaraderie of seeing folks you don’t get to see everybody
through your periodic campus visits. You get to connect to people you don’t usually get to see.”
John Carson, D.D.S.
JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa
Aug 27-29, 2020
Our host venue, the JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa, is one of the Valley of the Sun’s most exceptional resorts. The property features Four Diamond service, five sparkling pools, a lazy river and waterslide and Wildfire Golf Club, with its Palmer Signature and Faldo Championship courses. Use our booking link or call 800.835.6206 to reserve your room.
Places To Visit
Places To Visit
Don’t miss the Spear Summit! Block out your calendar for another year of learning from world-renowned speakers in dentistry, networking with like-minded peers and celebrating our collective achievements in “Great Dentistry.”
Top CliniciansPast speakers include:
- Lorenzo Breschi D.D.S., Ph.D., F.A.D.M.
- David Mathews D.D.S.
- Nazariy Mykhaylyuk D.M.D.
- Katja Nelson D.D.S., Ph.D.
- Robert Ritter D.M.D.
- Claude Sieber M.D.T.
- Marcos Vargas B.D.B., D.D.S., M.S.
- Jason Smithson B.D.S., DipRestDentRCS
- Theme party
- Mix and mingle
Latest TechnologiesPast vendors include: